Thank you for your interest in obtaining a Sheriff’s Clearance.
Prior to requesting a form, please take the time to review the automatic disqualification criteria below:
- Is currently on Probation or Parole (County, State, or Federal)
- Registered as a sex offender, narcotics offender, or arson offender
- Have been convicted and incarcerated in any Federal prison, State prison, or County jail within the last 7 years
- Are currently listed as a restrained person on a Protective Order/Restraining Order
- Have had an affiliation with a criminal street gang or any person of notorious reputation within the last 15 years
- Have active warrants or pending criminal cases
- Have used any controlled substance without a physician’s prescription within the last 5 years
- Have attempted to escape or been convicted of aiding and abetting an escape from any Federal prison, State prison or County jail
- Have a lengthy history of criminal offenses
- Have a felony conviction pursuant to Penal Code 1192.7(c) and/or; misdemeanor conviction pursuant to Penal
Code 667.5(c) which may include but are not limited to:
- Murder or Attempted Murder within the last 15 years
- Weapons law violation within the last 15 years
- A serious or violent felony, including charges that were considered serious or violent and or categorized as a serious or
violent felony at the time of conviction, within the last 15 years, or convicted of a serious or violent misdemeanor within the last 3 years
- Possession of a controlled substance for sale within the last 15 years
- Assault on a Peace Officer/Emergency Personnel within the last 15 years
- Engaging in sexual abuse in a prison, jail, lock-up, community confinement facility, juvenile facility, or other institution (as defined in 42 U.S.C. 1997)
- Engaging or attempting to engage in sexual activity in the community facilitated by force, overt or implied threats of force, or coercion, or if the victim did not consent or was unable to consent or refuse, or been civilly or administratively adjudicated to have engaged in the activity described in this section
- Bringing a controlled substance or unauthorized item into a Federal prison, State prison, or County jail.
- Presents any safety and security concerns that warrant denying a security clearance per the unit commander’s discretion.
If nothing above applies to you then please request your clearance form here:
If you do not yet meet the above criteria, please consider submitting your application when you do. If for some reason your application gets
denied, we encourage you to re-submit a new application after 6 months.